Today I have three blogs. The first being previously noted, another being on my journey to a sustainable healthy lifestyle The Discovery of Happiness & Health, and this particular blog being a more personal, general one. As you can see however this blog has never taken flight per say. As the saying goes, there is no time like the present, so I am taking the initiative to finish this initial introduction post (finally, after three tries) so I can start posting on this blog what I honestly have been yearning to do for quite some time now. I have to admit- I have been adding to a folder on my laptop for about a year with random bits and pieces that will eventually all get to this blog.
As for a little about me:
- My name is Cassidy.
- I am a student at the University of Oregon studying Environmental Studies, Geography, and Planning... almost done in my undergraduate work.
- I was born and raised on the island of Maui in Hawaii.
- My background volunteer and field work had been in conservation and restoration, mainly with Native Hawaiian botany.
- Therefore, I absolutely LOVE being outside in nature.
- I am a Taurus, born on Earth Day! How perfect.
- I enjoy cooking and use the free time I do have to learn and experiment with new creations.
- Not scare to fight for what I believe in... I consider myself an Environmentalist, feminist, LGBTQA advocate, for immigration rights and general social equity.
- I love to travel but haven't accomplished nearly as much ground as I dream on doing so in life.
- One of my weak spots is fashion, though being COMPLETELY opposed to our consumerist culture I like having fun with hand-me-downs, vintage and thrift stores, along with sewing!
- and... I am a big kid in an adults body.
No comments:
Post a Comment